Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Driver issues with 6DOF Espon arm

I am experiencing some driver and communications issues with 6DOF Espon arm (Epson VT6L) with online programming. Latest patches related to the epson driver were from v5.5.2 (2022-10-26 and 2022-10-27). 

When running linear moves – the robot throws an error code: 4241 - Over speed during low power mode was detected.  When running the robot specifically in high power mode to solve this, the Epson will work for linear moves, however the synchronized robot end effector orientation won't be 100% accurate compared to desired in sim (rotation is consistently off by 45 degrees).  Occasionally the controller will also throw a general system communication error when transitioning from linear to joint move (code 99).  Is it possible to patch this at the driver level?

I have active maintenance license for RoboDK. Thank you for any support you can provide. I would be happy to help diagnose the issue further if possible. 
For the offset of 45 degrees on the end effector, could you record the position of flange and end effector as reported by the teach pendant in a few different joint positions?
Something like
Joints: 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000
Flange position on teach pendant:
end effector position on teach pendant:
This will show me if the offset is being added by the model in robodk being wrong or the driver

As for the speed problem, this may be due to points being too close together