Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Embed TKinter on RoboDK (labels)

Question 
Hi.
If I create a docked tkinter python app, the label form is not accesible via Robodk GUI, in other words It cant be writable.

Is there any example?
My code is: 
.py   Test.py (Size: 563 bytes / Downloads: 372)
I believe this issue is specific to how you use Python/Tkinter.

I attached a sample project that shows a similar concept and writting on a label is working.

Also, one tip: when you embed a window in RoboDK I recommend you to run all RoboDK API operations in a separate thread.

Attached Files
.rdk   Example-07.b-Weld Script Graphical User Interface.rdk (Size: 2.45 MB / Downloads: 801)
(11-17-2020, 03:36 AM)Albert Wrote: I believe this issue is specific to how you use Python/Tkinter.

I attached a sample project that shows a similar concept and writting on a label is working.

Also, one tip: when you embed a window in RoboDK I recommend you to run all RoboDK API operations in a separate thread.

Hi Albert, thanks for your reply.
In your example, the text field works, but if you resize the embed window the text label freezes and cant be writable.
You are right... This is very strange, I'm not sure what could be causing this issue.

@Phillip, do you have any hints?
Hi Albert, Hi Phillip

on Windows I have the same issue that I can't edit the fields in your library scripts "ProjectCurve2SurfaceGUI.py". if I make some minor changes in the script (e.g. SIZE_X = 500 to SIZE_X = 250) it is posiible to edit the fields one time. After pressing UPDATE button everything freezes. I'm on Windows 10 machine with Anaconda3 Installation with Python 3.7.4

Regards, Thomas
Hi Thomas,

For some reason, TKinter's main loop blocks RoboDK's main loop when you embed the window. I recommend you to not embed the TKInter window to avoid these issues.

If you want to create native UI looking windows I would recommend you to look at RoboDK Plugin Interface:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PlugIns/index.html

Albert
any plan for a fix or is it not fixable?