Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Export Workcell as a STEP or STL file

RoboDK has the ability to save objects within the workcell as STEP or STL, conveniently with the Object Reference Frame, regardless of whether it was moved in RoboDK post the initial import.

What would be even better as a new feature, would be the ability to export All objects and robots, along with all Frame locations, at least as points, as STEP or STL files. This is would be beneficial in importing complete workcells with user frame references into Solidworks or other CAD programs, and be able to generate measurements and drawings with ease.

The current process as I have found it, thus far, is to first reorient assemblies or parts to have the Solidworks origin point be located at the same position and orientation as it is found in RoboDK, then use the assemblies to recreate the workcell manually.
It is currently not possible to export STEP or STL files. We'll keep this as a suggestion for future improvements.

On the other hand, we could help you find an automatic way to export the list of coordinate systems to upload to CAD software such as Solidworks or Fusion.
(03-20-2022, 07:53 PM)Albert Wrote: It is currently not possible to export STEP or STL files. We'll keep this as a suggestion for future improvements.

On the other hand, we could help you find an automatic way to export the list of coordinate systems to upload to CAD software such as Solidworks or Fusion.

That would be great! Let me know what information you need from me, or when ya'll would like to set up a session.

Thank you!