Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Export simulation, painting

Hello!

I have a couple of questions concerning visualization.

1. Is it possible to visualize spraying in exported simulation or is it only for simulations inside RoboDK? At least the visualization didn't get exported as I tried with html- file.

2. I tried visualized spraying for part made with SolidWorks. STEP-files, part- files, importing with RoboDK plug-in etc.. But I had a problem that spraying didn't show in all surfaces. My part is made of multiple extrusions(well just 4) so when I cut the part to smaller parts (only 1 extrusion per part) the spraying worked fine. Is there some obvious reason for this?

All this is based on RoboDK:s Example-01.a-Robot Painting - Universal Robots

Thank you
Hi Doris,

1 - The spray won't show in html format. For that I recommend you to simply record your screen. I personally use OBS for that. Free software and it works perfectly for that.

2 - Can you provide your .rdk station? I would like to try. I might have a solution for you but it will be faster for me to test it on your part.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(12-02-2020, 05:49 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Doris,

1 - The spray won't show in html format. For that I recommend you to simply record your screen. I personally use OBS for that. Free software and it works perfectly for that.

2 - Can you provide your .rdk station? I would like to try. I might have a solution for you but it will be faster for me to test it on your part.

Jeremy

Hey Jeremy!

Thank you for your fast reply!

1- Thanks! Did this. Btw, which software do you prefer for editing those videos? As I understood, it's not possible with OBS

2- I attached the station with step file I am having problems. Some surfaces, like top of the robot frame works. Other file is the one I broke the original SW-file to several STEP-files and there are only minor problems. Would be great to have a solution for this problem thus this feature would probably be useful later with different kind of parts modeled similar way.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files
.rdk   SprayDemoDoesWork.rdk (Size: 2.23 MB / Downloads: 452)
.rdk   SprayDemoNotWork.rdk (Size: 2.31 MB / Downloads: 352)
Hi Doris,

1 - I personally use Adobe Premiere, it's not a free software and I would not recommend only for that purpose.

2 - OK, I see. I just realize that if you switch the order of the part in your station tree, it now works on the box, but not on the part.
I feel like it might be something in the "SprayOn" macro that only projects on the first available object. It might be possible to improve that. I'll see what I can do, but feel free to also take a look if you know a bit about how coding works.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(12-04-2020, 04:21 AM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Doris,

1 - I personally use Adobe Premiere, it's not a free software and I would not recommend only for that purpose.

2 - OK, I see. I just realize that if you switch the order of the part in your station tree, it now works on the box, but not on the part.
I feel like it might be something in the "SprayOn" macro that only projects on the first available object. It might be possible to improve that. I'll see what I can do, but feel free to also take a look if you know a bit about how coding works.

Jeremy

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks again

1- Thank you 

2- Thanks for notice. I have tried this with changing the order of objects and also by pointing the specific object by name in the python-macro. I think I have successfully selected the right object because the spray does appear in some surfaces (e.g. top of the frame and the bottom plane of the actual paint object) but not in most of the surfaces. It would be great to solve this by doing something in code rather than modifying all models if the problem is in the objects.

I tried with random parts made with SW. Simple parts work fine, but with minor complexity there is trouble with spray. I tried different formats and configurations with importing. Maybe it is fixable with correct selections made with SW plugin? 

I attached photo of example problem. Red line for path of the spray gun and yellow boxes missing the spray.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   SprayDemoRandObject.rdk (Size: 1.12 MB / Downloads: 387)
Hi Doris, 

That's weird. 
It worked well on my end... And I basically just ran your program, nothing more. 

I'll still bring the issue to our dev team tho. 

Have a great day. 
Jeremy

(12-04-2020, 06:38 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Doris, 

That's weird. 
It worked well on my end... And I basically just ran your program, nothing more. 

I'll still bring the issue to our dev team tho. 

Have a great day. 
Jeremy

Hey Jeremy!

My bad. Just took the latest update and with quick try it seems to fix the problem. I will do few more tests but I believe it is working great now!

Thanks and sorry for the trouble!
Hi Doris,

Ok, no problem.
Happy that it works.

Jeremy