Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

External axis changes independent target point

Hello,

While using RoboDK, I have added an external axis to a KUKA robot and aim to achieve synchronized motion with the robot. So far, I have completed these steps without any issues.

However, during simulation, I added a fixed frame that is not connected to the external axis. I taught the robot two cartesian target points based on this fixed frame, with the external axis set to the 0 position. Then, manually inputted the desired position of the external axis for each target point.

Here's where the problem arises. When I input the value for the external axis, I noticed that the taught target positions on the fixed frame change. While I can use the external axis asynchronously in the simulation, my main objective is to have it move synchronously with the robot.

I understand that this explanation might seem complex, but I am attaching a video and project file as examples to better illustrate the issue.

video: https://we.tl/t-FXETAK5Qbq 

Attached Files
.rdk   ext_axis_test.rdk (Size: 4.61 MB / Downloads: 127)
Once you synchronize an external axis with an arm you should use Cartesian targets only attached to the turntable.

Alternatively, if you need static targets you should remove the synchronization between the arm and the turntable.
(07-14-2023, 02:55 PM)Albert Wrote: Once you synchronize an external axis with an arm you should use Cartesian targets only attached to the turntable.

Alternatively, if you need static targets you should remove the synchronization between the arm and the turntable.

Thank you for your response. As you mentioned, I will try to simulate the external axis asynchronously.

I have a question I'm curious about: If I were to undertake a robotic wiring project, is there a method to simulate the cable being driven synchronously with the robot, similar to what is shown in the video ([/url][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKRbLwhwqFU&ab_channel=SystemRobotAutomaz]video link), in order to generate robot code? As another example, is there a way to simulate the synchronous advancement of filament with the robot in a 3D printing application to generate robot code?