Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

External axis synchronization machining project inquiry

I am working on a winding project.

The work was carried out by synchronizing the external axis and the robot and loading the winding igs file and modeling stp file.
I tried using the robot processing project to select a curve and work on it, but I couldn't find a way to do it.

I would like to complete a project where the robot is fixed and moves along a given path while simultaneously rotating on its external axis. I need help...

The reference project is
I want to create an operation like Machining-and-Synchronization-with-ABB-03.

Attached Files
.rdk   Wonding_Test.rdk (Size: 3.24 MB / Downloads: 22)
How did you import the curves? The normal information has not been properly set. You could write a script to make the normals point towards the radial direction.

If you remove the checkbox "Keep pos" and set to "No comp" (no tool Z axis compensation), you'll see the normals are constant.
I changed the settings and tested it, but the external axis did not work and the movement path worked in the same normal direction.
I want to synchronize with the external axis and have the tool work outwards.
Is it possible to simulate with the file I attached?

Attached Files
.rdk   Winding_Test.rdk (Size: 3.23 MB / Downloads: 16)
We conducted a test by modifying a few conditions.
The line data was reorganized and the path matching the cylindrical surface was extracted and applied to the attached project.
Using the curve following project, I can get the path, but I can't get the result of moving along the cylindrical surface. Can't it work with the RDK's default features?
Do I need to create data in NC format?
I want to extract NC data using FreeCAD, but I'm not familiar with it and I don't know if it's possible.
I need a solution.

Attached Files
.rdk   Winding_Test.rdk (Size: 3.05 MB / Downloads: 18)
It is necessary to build the trajectory curve so that the normals are directed away from the surface.
In addition, the active reference should be attached to the positioner flange and have the same Z-axis direction (please check Frame 4).

I prepared an example of the Curve Follow Project with a spiral trajectory and appropriate settings (attached):

Attached Files
.rdk   Winding_Test_md.rdk (Size: 3.83 MB / Downloads: 10)
thank you for the reply.
I understand now. In the end, you have to make it perpendicular to the curve.
My curve data was invalid.

So what program did you use to create the curves? I haven't figured out the software to create the curves yet.
I used Fusion360 for this purpose.
Also, here is a list of CAD plugins available in RoboDK:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Plugins-CADCAM...ginsCADCAM
I will let you know the test results.
The route information was created using Fusion.
I applied it to RDK through add-in and was able to find the direction of the path.
However, because I was not good at using Fusion, I did not get 100% perfect results.

As a result, we learned that data written in NC code was needed to find the exact path of the robot.
It took a lot of time, but I'm glad I was able to come to a conclusion.

Thank you to everyone who helped.

Attached Files
.rdk   Winding_Test_md_240502..rdk (Size: 3.04 MB / Downloads: 2)