Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Extruder call for 3D printing

Hello Everyone,

Based on this post ABB 3D printing and many other post, The Extruder value become the ExtruderSpeed at ABB IRC5 post processor , but i dont understand where i get the "extruder" program on Program Event, am i need to make a new one program call "Extruder"  or use Extruder "macro" from Robodk library? i used too the post processor that was given from the post that i mention above, but still didn't understand , sorry because i am newbie at robodk Machining Project. 

i had concept to send the extruder value (ExtruderSpeed(000) which are in brackets) to Group Output (rapid program) from 8 bit digital signal.  So it can sync the extruder speed on end effector .  How do i solve it using robodk?  Thanks

Regards,
Irham
The Extruder call is created automatically from the E value in your G-code. The E value is usually generated by your Slicer software.

What slicer software are you using? Can you share some G-code sample programs for 3D printing?
(08-16-2023, 09:39 AM)Albert Wrote: The Extruder call is created automatically from the E value in your G-code. The E value is usually generated by your Slicer software.

What slicer software are you using? Can you share some G-code sample programs for 3D printing?
HI Albert,

Thanks for the respond, i am using Cura to slice the 3d object then send NC File to robot machining project  . yes, the E Value was automatic to change to Extruderspeed in robot program, but how robot to understand that "Extruderspeed" Function/procedure. because i make virtual station in RobotStudio and upload program module, but the virtual controller had error because not understand the "Extruderspeed" like in the attachment. Are there something i need to change or add in my virtual controller to make the controller sync with "Extruderspeed"? Thanks

This is my G_code Sample:
G-Code Sample

Attached Files Image(s)

The ExtruderSpeed should be a function defined in your controller to send or update a commands to the extruder related to the speed of the extrusion. The value that is passed is a parameter proportional to the Extruder speed.

You can comment the call to this function if you just need to do a dry run without 3D printing.