Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Failed to connect to Jaka ZU 3 cobot

Hello everyne,

I am trying to connect a Jaka Zu 3 cobot to RoboDK but I get this error:

Stopped
Starting robot driver: C:/RoboDK/api/robot/JakaDriver.exe
Starting...
Error: Process failed to start: The system cannot find the file specified. (id 0)
Cannot start C:/RoboDK/api/robot/JakaDriver.exe
Failed

Also I am not sure what the port for these robots is. Jaka customer service isn't very helpfull with this.
If someone works with them and can help, that would be best.

Can someone give me some help with this?

Thank you in advance.
Hi IonutF, I'm not convinced that we support JakaDriver.

I don't see any JakaDriver.exe in my C:/RoboDK/api/robot, did you receive something from us in that regard?
If indeed we don't support the Jaka Driver, it's possible for you to develop one depending on your skill level.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello Jeremy, 
I connected the Robot using the DobotDriver. See image attached.
Now I don't seem to get it moving using the RoboDK interface.
I got two files from Jaka guys, for Post Processing, that I have no knowledge what they do, to be honest. I am not that advanced.

I will post the files here so you can also take a look and maybe provide a workaround for this.

Thank you in advance
Ionut

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.py   JAKA_POST.py (Size: 30.29 KB / Downloads: 630)
.py   JAKAZu.py (Size: 15.12 KB / Downloads: 553)
Hi Ionuf,

Ok... I did not know that these posts existed.
I'm not sure if we were ever involved in the development of these... I'll ask the team. Maybe JAKA decided to do this on their own.
I'll look into the code. Might take a few days though.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Thank you for your involvement in this, Jeremy.

I thought you were involved in this too, since you have their Cobots in your robot database.

Regardless, see if there is something that can be done in order to estabilish the connection between their robots and your software. It will mean a great deal for me, since I mainly use their robots on my applications.

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Ionut.
Hi IonutF,

We might need to involve them to know exactly what they've done or developed so far.
I have to say that I'm very short on time in the next week or so and that I did not plan that project in my schedule.
Therefore it might take some time.

Jérémy

Hi Jeremy,

Understandable.
See with them what can be done. I'll gladly help to speed up this process, if I can.
I really like your software so far and I'll be promoting it even further once I get this thing going.

Apreciate your involvement.

Ionut
Hi Ionut,

We do not have an post or a driver for JAKA robots.

The post you shared was not developed by our team at RoboDK. It was probably developed by Jaka. Taking a quick look I see it requires a JAKAZu python library.
Did you try contacting JAKA?

Albert
Hello Albert,
I spoke with them and they provided me the files.
They also said they couldn't get it to work with RoboDK at the time of my chat with them.

I am really hoping we can get this going, because I like your software very much (used the 30 days when I did not had the robot and I was super impressed by it) and I would like to sell the whole package, using RoboDK as programming platform.

Thank you for your involvement, Albert

Ionut
Hi IonutF,

I will send you a private message with my professional email.
Let's set up a time next week for a chat.
Where are you located exactly?

Jeremy