Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Failed to generate program "1" using the Post Processor ""

Hi everyone,

I received the following error while trying to generate a program by using the post processor of "Denso_RC8"

Failed to generate program "1" using the Post Processor "Denso_RC8"
Post processor path:C:/RoboDK/Posts/Denso_RC8.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/Temp/Post1.py", line 432, in
r.ProgSave(r"""C:/Users/USER/Documents/RoboDK""",r"""1""",True,r"""C:/RoboDK/Other/VSCodium/VSCodium.exe""")
File "C:\RoboDK\Posts\Denso_RC8.py", line 141, in ProgSave
UnicodeEncodeError: 'cp950' codec can't encode character '\u663e' in position 4: illegal multibyte sequence

Process output:
Using Python version: sys.version_info(major=3, minor=7, micro=3, releaselevel='final', serial=0)
RoboDK Post Processor: C:/RoboDK/Posts
Total instructions: 381
Done instruction: 50
Done instruction: 100
Done instruction: 150
Done instruction: 200
Done instruction: 250
Done instruction: 300
Done instruction: 350

Python Post Processor process exit code: 1

The simulation of the project works successfully, cannot tell if it's an error from python or maybe I didn't do my settings right.

Grateful to know any possible causes of this error.

Thanks
Can you provide your .RDK file?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(02-22-2022, 01:04 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Can you provide your .RDK file?

Jeremy

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you so much for replying, I figured out that it was the project settings causing this problem.
The purpose of my project is to polish a workpiece on a particular path, which I followed the steps on polishing example on Robodk documentation. 
So after I switched the "Robot Machining Project" to "Curve Follow Project", the problem solved.
Although I still don't really understand what's the difference between these two projects, because the settings inside of them looks similar. But so far the program ran as I expected on the robot arm.

Once again thank you for replying.
The only real difference is the input you are providing to the feature.
Robot Machining Project -> NC file (.gcode, .apt, etc.)
Curve Follow Project -> A curve (in the back ground it a series of points xyzijk linked together)

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(02-28-2022, 03:02 PM)Jeremy Wrote: The only real difference is the input you are providing to the feature.
Robot Machining Project -> NC file (.gcode, .apt, etc.)
Curve Follow Project -> A curve (in the back ground it a series of points xyzijk linked together)

Jeremy

Dear Jeremy,

It turns out that the project selection wasn't the issue, I received the same error while trying to generate the program again, but this time I imported a self-designed tool CAD and added restriction to the Sixth Joint Axis of the robot. Although the simulation inside RoboDK runs without any warnings, but it still couldn't generate program.
Is it because I am still in trial version or maybe it's the other issue?

Here is my .rdk file.

.rdk   fixedtoolhead.rdk (Size: 1.4 MB / Downloads: 345)
Thank you.
This issue happens because you have non alphanumeric characters in your tool name. We'll improve the official post processor for Denso to support all characters.

In the meantime, you can simply rename your tool to "Tool" and you should not have any issues generating programs.
(03-07-2022, 07:21 AM)Albert Wrote: This issue happens because you have non alphanumeric characters in your tool name. We'll improve the official post processor for Denso to support all characters.

In the meantime, you can simply rename your tool to "Tool" and you should not have any issues generating programs.

Thank you so much for solving this issue for me !!