Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Failed to generate program ERROR

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help on this. Been using our seat of DK for around a year really happily with no issues at all and have recently installed it on my MAC to use our network licence with.

All works well until trying to do anything Python related?? 

For example, the most fundamental issue when generating a program we get the Error - 

Failed to generate program "Machining" using the Post Processor "ABB_RAPID_S4C"
Post processor path:/Applications/RoboDK.app/Contents/Posts/ABB_RAPID_S4C.py
objc[18739]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fffa6aa53d8) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x1070def50). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Process output:
Total instructions: 16
Done instruction: 10

Python Post Processor process exit code: 0

Would love to hear of any possible causes and solutions to this as it's pretty well dead in the water at the moment.

I do have Python installed on the MAC

Kind regards,

James 
Hi James,

You should make sure you are pointing towards an official version of Python. Mac computers have a modified version of Python that provokes this error. This error occurs when you use Tkinter (the GUI side of Python), which is the case for most post processors.

I recommend you to install Python 3 (if you have not done so) and enter the path in RoboDK/Tools-Options-Other. You can try to simply use python or python3.

The image you shared is an exception raised in purpose and you can avoid it by modifying the script (this is not related to the issue with Tkinter).

Albert
(10-14-2019, 08:57 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi James,

You should make sure you are pointing towards an official version of Python. Mac computers have a modified version of Python that provokes this error. This error occurs when you use Tkinter (the GUI side of Python), which is the case for most post processors.

I recommend you to install Python 3 (if you have not done so) and enter the path in RoboDK/Tools-Options-Other. You can try to simply use python or python3.

The image you shared is an exception raised in purpose and you can avoid it by modifying the script (this is not related to the issue with Tkinter).

Albert

Good morning Albert,

Thanks for the explanation - 

Path altered and no working 100% thank you very much!

Kind regards,

James & The Yardley Team