Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fanuc DCS created with Robodk?

We have a re-purposed M-710/45m in a cell from a customer, they are getting it back in a new cell we designed for them. It is wall mounted(90 degrees) and was ceiling mounted in the prior cell. Before it was a p & p, now it is a milling cell. We do a robot about once every 5-6 years for someone, so to say we are rusty in the robot world is an understatement. 

Ok so my question is, is there a way to set up the DCS boundaries in Robodk? I have an exterior frame, a conveyor and some structure I would like to deadzone. 

I tried using axis limits, but then I can not program to some of the areas I need to reach. I saw somewhere that you could do it in roboguide(?), but honestly we just shelled out the money for this software and there is no way we are going to budget additional money for a secondary program tool.

If anyone has any info on whether or not we can do it in Robodk that would be great.

Thanks,
Paul
Hi Paul, 

I hope you are well. 

RoboDK includes some collision checking features, and even if it does not behave exactly like the DCS from Fanuc, it can be manipulated a bit to achieve a pretty similar result. 

But, before going any further explaining exactly how to do so, I need to know exactly what you want to do. 
The collision features available in RoboDK will only help you avoid collision with the 3D object in your station. 
RoboDK will generate collision-free paths according to the provided 3D models, but it won't restrain the robot from entering a certain zone line de DCS would do. 

If your goal is to use the DCS as a safety feature (and I think you should), you need to set it manually. 
I'm not familiar with the setup of the DCS, but I look at this video on YouTube that shows who you can set the DCS on the teach pendant without RoboGuide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MQxdpgopmk
You can potentially, extract the position of the safety zone from RoboDK. 

Hope it helps clarify things. 

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Jeremy,

Thanks for the you tube video link. That is what  i was looking for. While you can't directly set up DCS in RoboDK I should be able to get my cartesian points to set up my DCS positioning. I was just missing the middle piece. It would be nice to be able to set it all up directly from RoboDK though. Just a suggestion for a future enhancement. Again thanks for the link it just made my nightmare project a little more manageable.
A small research on YouTube can get you a very long way!

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel