Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fanuc RJ3ib/M-16ib - Preferred Joints for start point won't update

Good afternoon,

I've attached the work cell with the issue in question. I am trying to update the Left (program name is T7563C) curve follow project's starting joints but every time I update it to a different start position it reverts back to another configuration. I am trying to weave in the different cut-paths but for some reason this one program won't update correctly. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Attached Files
.rdk   7563.rdk (Size: 4.09 MB / Downloads: 109)
Changing the tool z rotation allowance does the trick. It is possible that starting the program with the configuration you suggested while not allowing for any z rotation makes RoboDK find a joint limit or singularity and therefore it is suggesting this configuration instead.

In the configuration I suggested, it is clear the joint limit on 3rd axis was the issue.

Is a small z-rotation possible for your application?

See the attached station.

Attached Files
.rdk   7563_RDK.rdk (Size: 4.09 MB / Downloads: 111)
After looking at the path a bit more, I realized the joint limit is only reached during the retract motion. Changing the retract motion from 100mm to 50mm helped while being able to maintain the allowable z-rotation to 0.
(10-30-2023, 09:16 PM)Alex Wrote: Changing the tool z rotation allowance does the trick.  It is possible that starting the program with the configuration you suggested while not allowing for any z rotation makes RoboDK find a joint limit or singularity and therefore it is suggesting this configuration instead.

In the configuration I suggested, it is clear the joint limit on 3rd axis was the issue.

Is a small z-rotation possible for your application?

See attached station

Thanks Alex, I was able to find a different work-around by adjusting the WPR angles of the TCP. The adjustment of the retract motion is also a good idea though, thank you! I'm still getting used to RoboDK and it's little quirks.