Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fanuc Robot Issues during Online Programming

I am currently trying to set up the ability to run programs in online programming mode from RoboDK while connected to a CR-15iA robot. However, I am having some degree of difficulty with it.

I am able to fully connect to the robot, and I can execute single MoveJ instructions using the RDK interface. However, when I set a series of such movements as part of a program, set the program to Run on Robot mode, and then click start, the robot starts to execute the first movement, but RoboDK doesn't wait for it to finish before trying to fire off the rest of the MoveJ instructions.
It's behaving like it receives an ack from the robot that the instruction was received, but then doesn't wait for the robot to send back a message indicating that the movement is complete.
Is there any way to fix this so that I can do Online Programming execution with the Fanuc model I have, or is this a limitation of the RDK drivers for Fanuc? Any help would be appreciated.
Hello, that's one of the limitations of the old driver, recently we update our fanuc driver to bring it more in line with our other drivers and the newer features of robodk, however it's not included with robodk yet.
You can download the driver manually here for now: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13vAHf3L...sp=sharing

You install the robot files the same way, for the pc files you will the need to copy Fanuc.SM and the two other files to C:\RoboDK\api\Robot or the equivalent directory if you installed robodk elsewhere.
(01-27-2021, 07:18 PM)Phillip Wrote: Hello, that's one of the limitations of the old driver, recently we update our fanuc driver to bring it more in line with our other drivers and the newer features of robodk, however it's not included with robodk yet.
You can download the driver manually here for now: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13vAHf3L...sp=sharing

You install the robot files the same way, for the pc files you will the need to copy Fanuc.SM and the two other files to C:\RoboDK\api\Robot or the equivalent directory if you installed robodk elsewhere.

Hello, so I tried what you said. I downloaded the files, overwrote the existing files on my robot and loaded them, and copied over the PC side files into the appropriate folder. However, I am still facing this problem when I attempt to run programs during online programming.
It still rushes through all of the movement commands without waiting for the movements to complete, and it happens so fast that even the sim in roboDK is unable to follow. Are there any steps I can take to debug this?