Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fanuc TP motion from part model XYZ-ijk CSV data

Hello I am new to RoboDK but have lots of experience with industrial robots.

My question is would it be possible to generate a TP / LS Fanuc program file from a series of XYZijk values in a CSV file?In my case I have a known user frame with a frame offset and a user tool, all  the XYZijk part data is relative to the user tool. I want to present the EOAT mounted part to the user frame ateach of the XYZijk values and at agiven speed and termination quality.

Is RoboDK capable of creating LS files for a Fanuc M20iD/25 robot.

If I  wanted to start that motion in a given orientation of the robot can I specify the config strong?

Can I process the results to ensure the output is valid no joint limit issues?
Yes, you can do all of that.

Take a look at this video on how to import a path from a CSV file: https://youtu.be/W6GymPDjJiM

You can take a look at this drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...CCTdy-p7GW

Look for the excel sheet, Module 10.
It's a beta version of the training I'm currently recording (Module 1 to 6 are official, the rest isn't).
This should answer a bunch of your questions.
Feel free to ask other questions here afterward.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy, thank you for your reply and the links. I have watched that specific video and some of the other intro videos so I have a feel for the environment.

The first specific issue I am having is with the XYZijk data import. I have a CSV file of the values and I click Utilities\Open Points and I see my points data file on the project tree.

What I do not understand is how to get the Path on the project tree. You open a prior project and the path is already in that project. I have been trying to add a path to my current project and do not see one in the menus.

I want to do a RTCP type project and my data file refers to point on a part held in the robots tool. So the points are all relative to the active tool center point. The Fanuc motion lines should all have a RTCP at the end of each move.

Please give me some guidance on my first RoboDK project.

thanks

Elvi
Hi Elvi,

Just drag and dropping your CSV file should do the trick.
https://youtu.be/W6GymPDjJiM?t=165

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Thanks Jeremy for that, just to explain my status I can get my path data into the project but I do not have that thing on my tree that you have that says Path.  

I started with a blank project, added a Fanuc robot and a frame and a tool. I have not added my EOAT model or my actual part but the tool frame values are the same as my real world tool.  

My question #1 is what do I do to make my project have a Path in the tree?

Next my data is all tool relative XYZijk values define points on my part and how they should be presented to the user frame. 

Question #2 What do I when I import the data to tell RoboDK these values are tool relative rather than  Frame relative as the data is in the YouTube videos?

Thanks looking forward to your response

Elvicash
I'm not sure I understand, do you mean the Reference Frame. (User frame in Fanuc language)?

Just press the "Add reference frame" button at the top of the screen. (6th icon in the toolbar)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yns3FLkV...O3&index=9
I then renamed it "Path".

The only other thing called "Path" (in fact Path 1) is the Curve Follow Project.

For your second question, again, I'm not sure to understand.
Do you mean the path should be attached to the robot flange and not to a frame?
If so, take a look at Module 12-D

Jeremy