Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Finding optimal position of a frame

Hello everybody,

I tried to search the forum but with no luck to my question...

Lets say I want to make a reach study, I made a curves in Solidworks, imported them in RoboDK but, for example, one of the curves is not reachable.

I was wondering if there is a script or plugin or whatever that can find a optimal position of a frame (part position), tool position or robot position to reach all curves without collision?

I think there is a similar function in Process Simulate and I think it is called "Smart Place" or something like that.

Thank you for the answer!
Kind regards!
Tom
In your robot options if you click on workspace, Show for current tool, it will show you a sphere of where the robot can reach with the tool on it, then you will be able to see where the robot can reach and position your part into its workspace
I appreciate your answer but I am afraid that it doesn't answers my question
Hi Tom,

No, there is no such functionality directly, but you can do something similar.

In the Curve Follow Project (CFP), select all the curves, make sure the "Auto Update" is activated, and activate "Show estimated tool path".
The green tool are reachable, the red one aren't.
You can move the reference frame of the part to see where the part should be placed.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

thank you for your answer.

Is it at least in consideration to make it in the near future? Can I be a tester? :D

Kind regards!
Tom
Tom, I did bring that subject to our last team meeting, and everyone liked the idea.

But I can't guarantee when we will have time to attack such a feature. Hopefully sooner than later.
There's a section to request feature on the forum, you should write it there. It will be easier to get back to you there.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel