Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First project: Is this possible in RoboDK?

Hi,

I've just downloaded RoboDK, and am interested to try the Python API.  What I can't quite work out from the API documentation is if this would be possible:

I have a tool to fit to my robot. It looks like a sphere with a number of holes drilled into it. I have a CSV file containing the location and axis of each hole. There is a vertical peg on the table.

The sphere is firmly attached to the robot's tool flange. The robot moves the sphere above the peg.
The program must take each hole in turn, and choose an orientation for the sphere so that: 1) the hole's axis is coaxial with the peg, and 2) the robot is not too close to its singularity. The robot will then push the sphere down onto the peg, so that the peg inserts into the hole. Then lift the sphere again, and repeat for the next hole.

My questions:

Is this possible (how easy) with RoboDK? Specifically with regard to choosing an orientation for the sphere to keep the robot away from its singularity.
Which is the best documentation to read to explain the concepts I'll need to learn in order to imlement this?

Thanks in advance
Hugo
I don't see that as being a big problem. 

You can find an example to take info from a CSV file and convert it to targets or points in your local library. 

For the singularities, you can use the "MoveL_Test" function from the API. This will tell you if the robot hits a singularity or not. 

Those two should be a good starting point. 

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel