Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Function with multiple arguments ABB Post Processor

Hi, in my generated robodk program I need to call a custom function which has multiple arguments.
I noticed that the ABB RAPID IRC Robtargets post processor generates a function call with parentheses in the robot script, which gives me syntax problems when loading the program to the robot.
Do you have hany clue?
Thanks!
When using ABB RAPID programs you should not have the brackets on your program call for your arguments if your procedure does not require it.

Calling a function and passing parameters in ABB RAPID language require brackets, whereas program calls that don't return values do not require passing arguments with brackets.

Do you have a sample project? Did you customize your post processor?
Since I need to create a generic (so not ABB-specific) function call in my plugin code, I used the standard syntax
Code:
foo(par1, par2);
and hoped that the post processor handled this case by dealing with useless brackets.
So I had to override the RunCode function and modify a snippet of the script this way:
Code:
            if iarg > 0:
                fcn = code[:iarg]
                args = code[iarg+1:]
                args = args.replace(')','')
                fcn = FilterName(fcn)
                self.addline(fcn + ' '+args + ';')

So now the function call is split in fcn and args ignoring the existing brackets
Thank you very much for your feedback.

We'll be updating our official post processors for ABB controllers with this improvement.