Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

G Code Syntax for Triggering Digital Output in Program Events

Hi Everyone,

I just want to turn on and off some digital outputs on my Kuka KRC 4 which I am using for 3D printing. How do I have to customize the  G code so that program events adds for example "$OUT [17]=TRUE"?

Kind regards
You can use the M64 M code to turn On a digital output and M65 to turn a digital output Off. 

For example, if you use the following line in your Gcode file:
Code:
M64 17
It will provoke this code on a KUKA robot:
Code:
$OUT[17]=TRUE
This can also be configured in the program events menu as shown in the attached image.

(08-24-2023, 11:05 PM)Albert Wrote: You can use the M64 M code to turn On a digital output and M65 to turn a digital output Off. 

For example, if you use the following line in your Gcode file:
Code:
M64 17
It will provoke this code on a KUKA robot:
Code:
$OUT[17]=TRUE
This can also be configured in the program events menu as shown in the attached image.

Hello Albert, 
I tired similar way with M64 M code and M65 M code to trigger the DI and DO in Fanuc RJ3 Post processor from gcode, Instead of triggering the Digital output it printed just M64 and M65 in the robot output file.

Code: M64 5
In robot program: M64

Can I know how to trigger them with example with fanuc RJ3 PP.
Can you provide us with the RDK project file and the G-code file? We can better investigate this issue.
(03-13-2024, 08:59 AM)Albert Wrote: Can you provide us with the RDK project file and the G-code file? We can better investigate this issue.

Hi Albert, attaching below the sample station and gcode which I am adding as textfile.

Attached Files
.rdk   Fanuc Thread.rdk (Size: 2.19 MB / Downloads: 39)
.txt   incr_edited.txt (Size: 180.27 KB / Downloads: 25)
Good point, the M code call was taking priority over the M62-M65 codes. We just published an update for Windows that should fix this issue and it should properly activate the corresponding digital output function setup in the program events:
https://robodk.com/download

Let us know if it does not work with this update.
(03-18-2024, 03:32 PM)Albert Wrote: Good point, the M code call was taking priority over the M62-M65 codes. We just published an update for Windows that should fix this issue and it should properly activate the corresponding digital output function setup in the program events:
https://robodk.com/download

Let us know if it does not work with this update.
Hi Albert, Still the same case M62-M65 wasn't triggering the DI-DO's even in the new version.
Make sure to reload the G-code file.

Did you use the new Windows 64 bit version?
(03-19-2024, 07:42 PM)Albert Wrote: Make sure to reload the G-code file.

Did you use the new Windows 64 bit version?
Yes Albert did reload the G-code file still showed up the same M Codes rather than triggering them DI-DO's.
I'm unable to reproduce this issue with the latest version of RoboDK.

Did you use the same RDK and G-code files you shared in your last post?
Did you reinstall the latest version of RoboDK?