Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gcode to online movement

How can you feed gcode into robodk to directly control the arm via the online driver? Similar to dnc feeding a cnc machine.

I'm trying to take output from octoprint or similar to run a 3d print with a KUKA arm
Hi Colinb,

The feature you are looking for is "Run on robot" where both the robot and RoboDK will execute the program at the same time.

But, and it's a big one, there's a problem with that for your specific application.
When you use "run on robot", RoboDK will stream the motion commands one by one. In order for that to work, the robot needs to tell RoboDK every time a motion is done (handshake).
Because of that, the robot CAN'T use any blending or rounding option, creating a program that will stop for a very short amount or time at each point.
There's not really a way to solve this issue for now and it'S kind of problematic for 3D printing as this will create spots with too much material.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Would using something like KUKA.PLC mxAutomation be a solution for driving the robot without the limitations using the online RoboDK driver you mentioned?

At some point i would like to have my robot calibrated with RoboDK so I wouldn't want to lose that future functionality either.

Thanks

Colin
Hi Colin,

I'm not familiar with the Kuka feature you are suggesting, so pretty hard for me to answer that question.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel