Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Generate Robot Program Error

Hi,

I am trying to generate a robot program to run it on my Fanuc robot. The simulation file is Lab_setup.rdk (attached). However, it is giving me an error (a screenshot of the error attached).

I initially thought it might be that my Python path is not defined correctly but I just reinstalled Python version 3.12 and made sure that it is specified in Tools-Options-Python. But the error is still appearing.

I ran another simulation that has a python script in it (attached - Paint Test.rdk) and that runs fine on my computer. I can't generate a robot program from this either.

Looking forward to getting this issue resolved. I have spent several hours trying to debug this.

Tia

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   Paint Test.rdk (Size: 2.58 MB / Downloads: 103)
.rdk   Lab_Setup.rdk (Size: 3.71 MB / Downloads: 106)
To fix this issue with program generation you should use the default settings with the latest version of RoboDK.

Follow these steps to use the default version of Python included with RoboDK:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  2. Select the Python tab
  3. Enter the following path for your Python interpreter:
    C:/RoboDK/Python-Embedded/python.exe
Albret, thanks a lot for replying.

I tried entering the path that you specified but it gave me the following error (attached). It is most likely because Python is installed in a different location on my system.

The actual path for my Python installation is:
C:\Python312\python.exe

When I try entering this path, I am back to my original error.

Attached Files Image(s)

Are you using a recent version of RoboDK?

You should see this folder with a valid version of Python:
C:/RoboDK/Python-Embedded/python.exe
I just updated to the latest version of RoboDK and I think that has resolved the error.

Thank you for your help!
Great, thank you for your feedback!