Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Get position not working with KUKA 4 axis paletizer

Hi,

I'm currently working with a robot cell with 2 KUKA KR 180 R3200 PA. 

I manage to connect to the robot without problem and to get its position (already did this on other cells with Quantec robot). 

The problem is that the robot in RoboDK is not using the righ axis value for axis 4. Indeed, on real robot, the last axis is number 6 (axis 4 is always 0 and axis 5 is moved automatically by the controller), whereas in RoboDK, the last axis is 4. So the virtual robot use the value of axis 4 of real robot witch is always 0.

Is there any fix to make it work well ?

Thanks in advance,

regards
I will bring this issue to our dev team to see what we can do for the 4-axis Kuka robots.
If you are using the "get positon" to define your frame, you can still do it manually by transferring the joint value from the teach to RDK or by using the pose instead of the joints in the frame definition window.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(03-24-2022, 06:12 PM)Jeremy Wrote: I will bring this issue to our dev team to see what we can do for the 4-axis Kuka robots.
If you are using the "get positon" to define your frame, you can still do it manually by transferring the joint value from the teach to RDK or by using the pose instead of the joints in the frame definition window.

Jeremy

Do you have any update about this issue ? Can I help in any way ?
For information, I use it to view the current status of robots remotely. So far it has worked very well, but it is the first time that we use 4-axis Kuka robots. 

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Are you using the driver? If so, it will take some time for us to fix this issue if you are using the driver.

You can contact us via Help-Request support and we can speed this up if you have a Professional license.