Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gripper Robotiq 2F-85 control in RoboDK

Hi guys,

I'm trying to send a program from RoboDK to UR5. The program just involves "MoveL" and "MoveJ" functions and uses the function "attach to gripper Robotiq 2F-85 mechanism closed". Then, I connected my Cobot through Ethernet so I can run the program on cobot. The real Cobot executed "MoveL" and "MoveJ" functions but the gripper is not closing. How can I make the real gripper to Close?@Albert@Jeremy
Hi Midhun,

As "Attach" and "Detach" are simulation events, they have no effect on the real robot.

To drive a gripper using the UR driver, you will have to modify the driver on the UR side.

If you own a professional RoboDK license, you can select "Help" -> "Request support" to contact us directly. We will help you with this integration.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. I have an Educational license. So, when I click on "Request Support" It brings me back to RoboDk forum. Can you please let me know regarding this matter?
Hi Midhun,

Considering the price of the educational license (1/20 of the Professional license price) we do not provide personal support to education license.
There's other post regarding this situation on the forum. You should look it out.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

Sure thanks. I just want to know If I could copy paste the program available on the post processor of Rotobiq gripper in the Call for program instruction. Will that work? I am new to this software and I'm trying different method to make the gripper work.

Thanks