Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to access configurable I/O of UR robots

I need to access config outputs for a project of mine, but the program only has digital and analog options, so i wonder if there is any possibility to somehow control config outputs through RoboDK.
You can output plain strings with your analog outputs and digital outputs. You can also customize the post processor to output the code you need. What script code do you need to generate?

You'll find more information about customizing your post processors here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processors.html#EditPost
(06-30-2023, 04:33 PM)Albert Wrote: You can output plain strings with your analog outputs and digital outputs. You can also customize the post processor to output the code you need. What script code do you need to generate?

You'll find more information about customizing your post processors here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processors.html#EditPost

what do you mean by what script code do i need to generate? our UR10 robot is used to dispense penguin foam on objects...im trying to make a program in roboDk in which you only type in parameters of an object you want penguin foam to be dispensed on and thats it...the problem is that our dispensing gun is connected to configurable output and in order to turn on the gun i need to access config. outputs...im not well educated when it comed to post proccesing and its functions so i would love a quick guide on how i could send a True or False to a specific configurable output.
Hi Patrik!
If you already have created a program in RoboDk try this:
- Right Click on your program
- Add Instruction
- Set or Wait I/O Instruction
- choose the digital output option
- now, in "I/O Name" add a 2 before the pin name. For example, if you need to map the third configurable output, just call it "23". This way it should be treated as a configurable output.
- give your output the value you need, be it 1 or 0
To check if it all worked, you can right-click the program and generate robot program.
You should see the post processor defined it as Configurable

I hope I got the problem right
(07-03-2023, 01:37 PM)StefanoCava Wrote: Hi Patrik!
If you already have created a program in RoboDk try this:
- Right Click on your program
- Add Instruction
- Set or Wait I/O Instruction
- choose the digital output option
- now, in "I/O Name" add a 2 before the pin name. For example, if you need to map the third configurable output, just call it "23". This way it should be treated as a configurable output.
- give your output the value you need, be it 1 or 0
To check if it all worked, you can right-click the program and generate robot program.
You should see the post processor defined it as Configurable

I hope I got the problem right

thank you for your reply, it did resolve my problem...all i had to do is run it through ''generater robot program'' because whenever i tried to run a program on robot it just displayed a message on teach pendant that there is no digital out 25.