Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

How to let the toolaxis modify between these surfaces for welding case?

Dear sir:

I am a new user from 2020.02.02

I open sample project as the “Example-03.b-Welding Station - Fanuc.rdk”

Please check the attachment “20200206.png” red arrowthe welding path toolaxis is the curve 45 degreebut I try to select the other curvethe toolaxis is always normal the surface

So my question is how to let the toolaxis modify between these surfaces?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi TECHML,

This specific curve was imported using our SolidWorks plugin. You can see the tutorial video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34A4IH7Slpk&

At the moment, similar plugins are also available for Fusion 360, Inventor, Rhino.
We are planning on adding more in the future.

If you want to have a 45-degree angle with the surface, you can simply create a new TCP (Tool Center Point) with the Z axis pointing at a 45 degrees angle with respect to the welder central axis. This way, you can obtain the required angle between the welder and the surface.

You can also right click on an extracted curve and select "Tilt curve normals" and enter and angle. But I would say that this is not a very consistent feature.

Have a great day.
Jeremy
aegvdhtbrfym
Hi Jeremy:

Thanks for your answer。

I create model from Fusion360 also import to RoboDK by plugin already。

I found (check your video) when I pick the curve & neighboring surfaces in Fusion360 and plugin to import to RoboDK,then can obtain the required toolaxis angle between the welder and the surface。
But if I import general CAD model (iges or step) to RoboDK,can not obtain the require。 Is it correct?

Whats the meaning " you can simply create a new TCP (Tool Center Point) with the Z axis pointing at a 45 degrees angle with respect to the welder central axis." ?

Best Regards

TECHML
Quote:But if I import general CAD model (iges or step) to RoboDK,can not obtain the require。 Is it correct?

Yes you are correct. 

For the 45 degree angle, see pictures attached. 

That should help. 

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy:

OK I understood finally。

Thanks for your help。

Best Regards

TECHML