Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

INVISIBLE TARGET

In the attached workstation, there is an invisible target.

According to both the API and the GUI, the invisible target has a non-homogenous 4x4 matrix.

This target was originally created using the API by importing points from surface normals and curve tangents. The original workstation had an object with two curves with a hundred or so points each, but I had to remove that for confidentiality.

This behavior is reproducible when the creation routine is run multiple times on the same body and curves.

RoboDK 5.5.4
Python 3.11.1

I realized that this can happen when the user (me) sets an invalid pose using the API. I would expect this to raise an exception rather than allowing it and behaving strangely afterwards. Regardless, marking this resolved.

Attached Files
.rdk   invisible_target.rdk (Size: 881 bytes / Downloads: 155)
Thank you for reporting this issue. In general, if you use the matrix operation functions of the API you should not experience this behavior.

If you are creating your own poses from scratch (for example by using the N,O,A vectors of your rotation matrix), you can use the Mat.isHomogeneous() test:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/robo...omogeneous

We could add this check for every single pose that is provided through the API but it would penalize performance.