Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ISSUES WITH "MONITORJOINTS" SCRIPT

Good morning. I have a problem with the "MonitorJoints" script. I am running simulations with the KUKA KR 60-3 robot; I am trying to monitor the position of the robot's end-effector and then derive it to calculate its speed and acceleration. I am using "MonitorJoints" script to achieve this. 
After running the "MonitorJoints" script following a movement, the excel file containing the joints monitoring is empty. How is this possible? How can this problem be solved? Thank you.
Best regards
Did you move the robot after you started running the script? The script should record the joint values only when they change.

Are you trying to save the excel file in a valid location? Make sure you have write access to the folder you are trying to save.

If you still have issues, I recommend you to run the script from a console to see debug output.
(02-22-2022, 12:05 PM)Marco Scutari Wrote: Good morning. I have a problem with the "MonitorJoints" script. I am running simulations with the KUKA KR 60-3 robot; I am trying to monitor the position of the robot's end-effector and then derive it to calculate its speed and acceleration. I am using "MonitorJoints" script to achieve this. 
After running the "MonitorJoints" script following a movement, the excel file containing the joints monitoring is empty. How is this possible? How can this problem be solved? Thank you.
Best regards

I move the robot one/two seconds after I have started running the script.
I am sure I have write access to the folder I am trying to save the excel file.
If I move only link 1 of the robot (Theta1), for example by 180° from the robot's default position, the excel file contains only part of the joint values (the file is not complete). 
If I try to move the other five links individually, the script returns empty excel files.
Where is the problem?
Can you try running the Python script using a console or VS Code?

It would help if you can send us a print screen of the console output.