Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Import KRL files from real KRC5 controller to RoboDK

Hi RoboDK. 

Is there a possibility to take the real world code, in this example KUKA's kode and convert it into a RoboDK simulation? 

So normally we go this direction: RoboDK program tree stucture /Python script --> e.g. KUKA Post processor --> .src and .dat files. 

Can we go the other way in RoboDK?

I.e.  
src and .dat files --> e.g. KUKA "Pre" processor --> RoboDK program tree stucture /Python script

Thanks in advance :)
Did anyone find the answer to this question?
(10-16-2023, 10:55 AM)Mihail Wrote: Did anyone find the answer to this question?

Hi, Mihail
I think you should try Import_KUKA_SRC_Program.py script from RoboDK API examples.
(10-17-2023, 07:12 AM)egrozavr Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 10:55 AM)Mihail Wrote: Did anyone find the answer to this question?

Hi, Mihail
I think you should try Import_KUKA_SRC_Program.py script from RoboDK API examples.

I tried that today and get an error when running the script.  Does anyone know how to troubleshoot these scripts when they don't work?  Who should I contact for support?  I am trying to recomission an old Kuka that has been down for a long time.  It would really help me understand how the program works if I could run it in the simulation.  The programs are from a KRC2.  Does that make a difference for this script?  See attachment for error.

Attached Files Image(s)

Are you using the latest version of RoboDK?
Did you change the default script?
Can you send us the RDK project file and the SRC file you are trying to load?
(03-13-2024, 08:51 AM)Albert Wrote: Are you using the latest version of RoboDK?
Did you change the default script?
Can you send us the RDK project file and the SRC file you are trying to load?

I forgot to mention in my earlier post I am using a trial license.  If that limits my ability to do this please let me know.  I am running v5.6.8 64-bit.  I tried with the default script and the one on GitHub.  However, my original RDK file did not have a robot.  I added a robot and I got a bunch of different errors. This time most of my files seem to import but they only show as an uneditable script file with a warning sign on them.  The only one that would not load is pgm_main.src.  It gave a large list of errors for unrecognizable lines in the file.

Attached Files
.rdk   RAS simulation.rdk (Size: 740.05 KB / Downloads: 25)
.zip   RAS Kuka (2).zip (Size: 26.79 KB / Downloads: 17)
We just fixed this issue with the latest version of RooDK for Windows 64 bit. You can install the latest version:
https://robodk.com/download

Let us know if you still have issues.