Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Importing NC file to RoboDK when using external axles

Hi again!

I have done this pipe cutting program with synchronized robot and external axles (rotating and linear), picture in attachments. I have set the home position as shown in the picture so that robot is midway on track and rotating axis is positioned horizontally.

I`m trying to use nesting software called Libellula in this project and that`s why I wanted to know if it`s possible to import NC file to RoboDK when using external axes and what I´m possibly missing at the moment. Libellula sends GCode as an output so I tried to demonstrate that by selecting "GCode BnR" as post processor and importing the nc file back to RDK but I can`t get the rotating axis work correctly. Do you know what might cause this behavior? Machining settings window is shown in attachments.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post-processor and importation of G-Code arent related.

Post-processors are for generating robot code from RDK when the simulation is completed.

Importing G-Code using external axes should work.
I'm not familiar with Libellula, but does it have a post-processor generating .apt files? If so, you should try with that file format.

You can link your .rdk station and your NC file so we can better help you.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hey,

I´m not sure about the exact format Libellula is generating but I will check that. Maybe we will try to use KUKA CNC option to compile the program to robot so this nc program was made using KUKA CNC post processor, earlier I spoke about different post processor but it didn`t let me remove this attachment so let`s continue with that. Libellula is made for tube laser production so I try to keep the robot arm still and use the external axles for moving.

Attached Files
.nc   Putkilaser_KUKAcnc.nc (Size: 27.51 KB / Downloads: 331)
.rdk   Robotti 4m radalla putkilasertyyppisesti.rdk (Size: 2.74 MB / Downloads: 311)
It won't work with the post-processor you selected (Kuka CNC).
You need something more generic.

RoboDK will take care of translating all of that to something the KUKA controller can deal with.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

The original files didn`t work but these are very close

Attached Files
.rdk   RoboDK_example.rdk (Size: 2.61 MB / Downloads: 280)
.apt   RoboDK_example.apt (Size: 57.66 KB / Downloads: 302)
I managed to find a solution to similar application when I changed various settings, now I just have to figure out which of these changes were critical. Here is the RDK file attached if you want to have a look.

Attached Files
.rdk   NC-ohjelma kääntöpöydän kanssa MUOKATTU.rdk (Size: 2.5 MB / Downloads: 338)
Nice work!

Let us know about your findings.
And, if it's not confidential, feel free to send a short clip of the robot in motion when it works.

Jeremy

Hey,

I noticed that my milling stock was using the opposite Z direction compared to my model and RDK milling reference. I think that was the biggest thing, and problems related to robot arm were solved by modifying Axes optimization settings.

At the moment we don`t have any robot with milling equipment but I will keep that in mind.