Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inconsistent positioning between Run Program and previewing targets
I'm going through some of the tutorials, but I'm getting some odd simulated behavior.

Some examples:
- The GIF is the program running if I use Ctrl+R. No collisions.

- Screencaps "positions-side" and "positions-iso" show what happens if I press F5.

- "Paint4 single/double-click": If I single-click a target location and let the simulated robot do its animated motion, the joint configuration is one way. But if I double-click on the same target, it is not the same, and part of the robot interferes with the workpiece.

I've seen this a few times so far while practicing - running the program results in one set of joint configurations, but clicking the Targets one by one gives something different.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi sp8472,

This is because when using "Teach on Surface" you recorded the wrong robot configuration.
This is a common mistake and it can be fixed easily.

Help full information before presenting the solution:
Move J respect target configuration
Move L do not respect target configuration, only the cartesian position. Therefore, the robot configuration at the starting point of the movement will be kept during the motion.

Clicking once on a target in your station tree will trigger a Move L between the actual position if the robot and the target selected. (Target configuration not respected)
Double-clicking a target in your station tree will trigger an "instantaneous" Move J to the selected target. (Target configuration respected)

Solution:
1 - Double-Click the first point in your program.
2 - If the configuration is fine, jump to step 5
3 - To select the right configuration, double-click the robot to open the robot panel and select the proper orientation for the target under "Other configurations".
4 - Right-click the target in your station tree and select "Teach Current position", that will record the new configuration
5 - Click once on the next target. The configuration should be kept from one point to the other IF it's physically possible.
6 - Right-click the target in your station tree and select "Teach Current position", that will record the new configuration
7 - Repeat for all point in your sequence.

Jeremy