Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Incorrect robot pose achieved when using a rotating table

Hi All,

I am having a problem with a simulation for a welding robot with a 2 axis positioner. I am using the Python API to generate my robot program

Basically, I have a reference frame which is linked to the rotating table and spins with it to ensure I can realise all of the welding targets. However, the home target of the robot between operations is in a fixed reference frame attached to the weld table base (not rotating), with a rotating table position of 0.

When I generate the home targets, they appear in the right place visually. However, in cases where the robot tries to achieve the home target and the table is not at 0 the final pose achieved will be out by the angle of the table (which is also rotating at the same time to get to 0). 

I have a fix for this where I alter the Z rotation of the home target by the table angle but I don't like this solution because the simulation doesn't work properly if you resume it in the wrong place, and all of the home targets are now at random positions depending on what the table angle is in their preceding move.

Can any one help with a way to stop the table rotation affecting the pose of the robot?

Thanks
When you have a robot synchronised with a turntable you should use joint targets for targets that are not attached to the turntable.

If you have Cartesian targets you should attach them to a reference frame that is attached to the turntable (directly or indirectly).