Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Indefinite tool flange rotation during a curve follow project (UR3e)

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on a setup with an ur3e from Universal Robots, with this variant you are able to spin the tool flange indefinitely (this is not the case for the UR5e en UR10e). My question is, Is there a way to let the joint rotate whilst it is following a "curve follow project"? 

If someone has any suggestion please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks in advance!
You can edit the Joint limits of any robot in the Robot Panel clicking on Parameters. You can make the limits a very high number to make RoboDK not limit the number of turns

Then in the Curve Follow Project you can change the Optimization Parameters to Allow a tool rotation to as many degrees as you want.

Is this what you are looking for?
(05-02-2022, 09:47 PM)Alex Wrote: You can edit the Joint limits of any robot in the Robot Panel clicking on Parameters.  You can make the limits a very high number to make RoboDK not limit the number of turns

Then in the Curve Follow Project you can change the Optimization Parameters to Allow a tool rotation to as many degrees as you want.

Is this what you are looking for?
Hi Alex, 

Thank you for your fast reply. I think this is what I am looking for but still I am running into a few problems. Maybe some context will better explain what I am looking for, I am trying to figure out a way so that the robot arm follows a certain path (that has been imported from a cad software) with a certain rotational speed of Joint 6 (θ6).

When looking at your suggestion, I am not able to adjust the tool z rotation beyond 180º in the optimazation parameters window nor am I able to adjust the rotational speed of Joint 6. Is there a way you can help me with this?

Thank you in advance!