Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Intermediate arm configurations between targets

Hello, 

we have a custom build 6DOF arm. We created custom Generic Post Processor but when we generate program there are only MoveJ and MoveL with pose target or arm configuration.

How to extract all intermediate arm configurations between targets? 

Best regards,
Bartek
RoboDK is not designed to emulate a robot controller, only to simulate. 

In the joined example, the python script read the position of the robot on every tic and output it to the mirror robot. The output are the joint values and cartesian position. With this you can get the intermediate position between targets.

However, you might have some issues with the speed control if you are trying to control a robot directly with this method.

Attached Files
.rdk   Sync Move - ABB - DH-DHM Mirror Test.rdk (Size: 826.18 KB / Downloads: 301)
(02-07-2022, 05:26 PM)Olivier Wrote: RoboDK is not designed to emulate a robot controller, only to simulate. 

In the joined example, the python script read the position of the robot on every tic and output it to the mirror robot. The output are the joint values and cartesian position. With this you can get the intermediate position between targets.

However, you might have some issues with the speed control if you are trying to control a robot directly with this method.
Thank you for the answer, I will look into this solution.

I found in RoboDK API function InstructionListJoints which returns joint values and it is also possible to calculate according to time.

What I did is the following.
I created program called "Prog1" in RoboDK and then run following Python code:

Code:
program = self.RDK.Item('Prog1')
filesave = 'output.csv'
# flags=4 because we want to get trajectory with constant time interval between trajectory points
message, _, status = program.InstructionListJoints(save_to_file=filesave, flags=4, time_step=0.01)

The result file looks like valid trajectory so maybe that is the solution.