Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Invalid license. API calls are not allowed

Hello 

I have a problem with the example "Pick and Place(Python)" I get the error 
Quote:Invalid license. API calls are not allowed
. I have read that with free lincense I am allowed to use 50 lines of code, does that means in one py program or in all of them combined?

Because if it is for all of them combined, then I am not sure if there is any example that small?

Also, since I am more C# experienced, is there a way to write a robot application (robot movement sequence) using C# API, or it is just used for communication with the robot?

Thanks.
Make sure you have an internet connection to use the free license of RoboDK. You can set up a proxy if required (in the menu Tools-Options-Other-Proxy settings). You should not have problems using the API with the free license.

You can refer to the latest version of the API here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I6OK1Kd2Eo
This video provides an overview of the RoboDK API for C#. You can use it for robot programming or to create your application with RoboDK. 

This link provides more information:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/RoboDK-API.html#CsAPI
Thanks Albert,

The internet connection is not possible for me everytime, sometimes there is no internet, I am far away from the router and on some day I have it, but on the most of the days I don't.
Even when I can access it is not something, it is more like dial-up :D

Is there any way around this?

But thanks for the replay
Hi delicato,

We can provide you with a procedure to use the free license offline.

Please send us an e-mail at info@robodk.com and we’ll be happy to help you with that.

Jeremy
(10-09-2018, 06:00 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi delicato,

We can provide you with a procedure to use the free license offline.

Please send us an e-mail at info@robodk.com and we’ll be happy to help you with that.

Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

Now I have internet connection and I am trying a simple py script which is all in one Python program, there is no more than 20 lines of code. But I keep getting the error(see attachment)

Do you know is this because of free license?
what are the steps which I have to follow to use a free license offline?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)