Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Inventor CAM plugin "Load NC Program" button not working

Hello, currently I am using the trial version of RoboDK and Inventor 2021 CAM (education license). I can load the work piece with "Load Part" into RoboDK but clicking on "Load NC Program" does only start RoboDK if it is not already running but it does not load the NC Toolpath from Inventor CAM to RoboDK. 

I tried this on 2 separate PCs and it is always the same behavior. Is the RoboDK trial version incapable of doing what I am trying to do or is there a bug? 

On both PCs I had to manually install the Inventor plugin and I followed the online documentation for that.

Inventor x64 2021 Build 183
RoboDK x64 v5.6.4.23710
Did you load a new project in RoboDK?

Do you see any messages in the status bar? These are messages displayed at the bottom.
(09-28-2023, 04:42 PM)Albert Wrote: Did you load a new project in RoboDK?

Do you see any messages in the status bar? These are messages displayed at the bottom.

Already tried all of the above. No messages in the status bar. Btw it works fine with Autodesk Fusion 360, loads CNC tool paths into new and existing RoboDK projects. I also had to manually install the add-in for Fusion 360.

I also ran the debug mode something definitely happens, the logs are attached.

Attached Files
.txt   RoboDK.debug_Do_nothing.txt (Size: 6.97 KB / Downloads: 92)
.txt   RoboDK.debug_Load_NC.txt (Size: 7.74 KB / Downloads: 89)
I don't see any issues with the debug log. Are you closing RoboDK manually?

You may need to load a project in RoboDK. Can you send us the Inventor file, the NC file that is generated when you save the project and the RoboDK project you are trying to use?
(09-29-2023, 09:04 AM)Albert Wrote: I don't see any issues with the debug log. Are you closing RoboDK manually?

You may need to load a project in RoboDK. Can you send us the Inventor file, the NC file that is generated when you save the project and the RoboDK project you are trying to use?

Yes I close RoboDK manually. The problem is independent of the RoboDK project, right now I am just in the phase of testing simple functionality, I just use one of your sample projects or empty unsaved projects. It all works fine with Fusion 360 "Load NC Programm". I also tried various Inventor projects even new ones, I tried to attach them but the file type is not allowed here. I will try to send them via pm. I am not generating any separate NC files, since my goal is to use one of the RoboDK post processors, if I manage to load a tool path from Inventor CAM.

Edit: I am not allowed to send PMs. But I also assume that it is not really a problem with any specific Inventor project. I also made new, super simple projects that have the same issue.
Can you send us the sample project by email? You can find our email or contact form here:
https://robodk.com/contact
(10-01-2023, 05:39 PM)Albert Wrote: Can you send us the sample project by email? You can find our email or contact form here:
https://robodk.com/contact

Hello Albert, sorry for the late reply I just returned to work. I have send one of the simpler Inventor projects and one of the used sample RoboDK projects to your info email address.
Great then, someone from our team should be following up with you.
Ok I will keep you posted, thank you for your support. In the mean time we will keep on testing RoboDK with Fusion 360 projects. As long as at least that works, I will strongly recommend to my bosses to purchase at least 2 licenses in the near future. The tons of youtube videos alone give you a glimpse at how much you can do with it and how big the user base is.
That’s great, thank you for your feedback!