Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is it possible to add the model of Kuka kr15/2 to the Library ?

Hello, RoboDK team

I am a student and participating in a robot simulation related project. Now I need to use RoboDK to import related models, but I found that the robot I used is a very old model called kuka kr15/2(15-2), so that there is no such model in the software library(The closest is only kr16 2).

I tried to build the robot by myself, but I found that the laboratory did not have the relevant structure files of the robot (such as .stl or .robot). There is no relevant information about this model on kuka's official website, so redesigning through CAD software is not realistic for me.

So could u help me to add this model in the library, or send me the robot file directly?

Best regards!

Van
Hi Van.

You need to have the 3D model of the robot to be able to add it to the robot library.
The supported file format are: Step, Iges and STL.

You can see how to create a robot from scratch here:
https://youtu.be/wZQ0uriwApY

If you can't find the 3D model, you can always recreate the general shapes of the robot according to the measurement find in the user manual.
You can also salvage parts from other robot 3D models that fit your specific robot.

Jeremy
(10-08-2020, 03:52 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Van.

You need to have the 3D model of the robot to be able to add it to the robot library.
The supported file format are: Step, Iges and STL.

You can see how to create a robot from scratch here:
https://youtu.be/wZQ0uriwApY

If you can't find the 3D model, you can always recreate the general shapes of the robot according to the measurement find in the user manual.
You can also salvage parts from other robot 3D models that fit your specific robot.

Jeremy

Hello, Jeremy.
Thank you very much for your reply.

I found a 3D model on the Internet this weekend. I don’t know if it is suitable for making a robot file.

Waiting for your positive response.

Best regards

Van

Attached Files
.stp   KR15-2.stp (Size: 1.58 MB / Downloads: 375)
.stl   KR15-2.stl (Size: 1.28 MB / Downloads: 356)
Hi Van, 

The step one is very suited for this purpose. 
I already split it for you. (look at the attachment)
You just need to follow the tutorial starting from here.

Once you are done, you can post it back here so that we can add it to the library. 

Jeremy

Attached Files
.rdk   Kuka KR15-2.rdk (Size: 124.85 KB / Downloads: 394)
(10-12-2020, 01:06 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Van, 

Once you are done, you can post it back here so that we can add it to the library. 

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I have built the robot file, based on the data given by this website:
https://docplayer.org/219444-Kr-6-2-kr-1...-l6-2.html

By the way, can I ask, how do you divide the entire robot model into each axis model?
If it involves trade secrets, ignore this part plz.

Best regards!

Van

Attached Files
.rdk   Kuka KR15-2.rdk (Size: 249.73 KB / Downloads: 365)
.robot   KUKA-KR15-2.robot (Size: 123.47 KB / Downloads: 360)
Hi Van,

Not really a secret, but more of an "undocumented feature".
Import the step file, right-click the 3D model -> "Split objects".

You can then merge different parts together and reconvert them to object.

Jeremy
Ah, I saw it, thanks!
I have been working in the same issue but with the KR6-2 model of the KR15 range. It has been very frustrating as the 'standard' KR6-2 is the very popular so I am able to locate lots of details regarding this but not the KR15 (KR6-2) variant that I have.

I think that I have resolved most of my issues to date however my main problem is now getting the actual robot running on my KRC2.

I'll post up my findings/robot model once I have things operational.

Cheers Ivan
(10-13-2020, 09:32 AM)TaigoVan Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 01:06 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Van, 

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I have built the robot file, based on the data given by this website:
https://docplayer.org/219444-Kr-6-2-kr-1...-l6-2.html

By the way, can I ask, how do you divide the entire robot model into each axis model?
If it involves trade secrets, ignore this part plz.

Best regards!

Van

Hello Van,

I noted that your home (master position) is 0 for A1-A6 in your robot model (which is what I would expect given the specification) 

I am having problems with my KRC2 configuration for my KR6-2 (KR15-2) it seems that the MADA config for this wants A2 to master at -90 and A3 at 90. Did your robot have custom configuration files?

I would be keen to know if you had any problems as I am trying to resolve how to sync my configurations between my RoboDK model and my KRC2 robot config.

Cheers Ivan