Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issue with Collision Maps in RoboDK Simulations

Hey everyone,

I've been encountering some difficulties with collision maps in RoboDK simulations and could use some assistance. Whenever I attempt to connect the start and end targets for program "Target2ToTarget3," 
I receive the following error message:
Quote:"It is not possible to connect the start and end targets for program Target2ToTarget3. Try to increase the number of samples and update the collision map."

I 've tried adjusting the number of samples without success. Has anyone else faced a similar issue or found a solution? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! 
I attached a screenshot and also the rdk file.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   TestingCollisionMap.rdk (Size: 2.22 MB / Downloads: 31)
As the message suggests, you should add more points to your collision-free map. You can click on Update Map again and select "No" to not delete previous points. In this case, the algorithm will add more points to the current map. You can stop the target generation anytime and the points that were created will be added to the current map.

Another option is to add specific targets or robot positions to the map to help provide midpoints (select Add selected targets).

I attached your project with a few more points in the map (I just selected Update Map to add more points), after 1 minute I stopped the generation of new targets and I was able to properly link targets 2 and 3.

Attached Files
.rdk   TestingCollisionMap-v2.rdk (Size: 2.22 MB / Downloads: 26)