Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issues with Running Python Script on Jaka Zu12 Robot

Hello RoboDK Community,

I am experiencing a problem with running a Python script on my Jaka Zu12 robot. The script successfully executed once, but next attempts to run it have failed, even though the robot connects and synchronizes. The robot responds to manual commands through the Move Joint button, Get Position button, and simple(target) programs work fine, but the Python script is not functioning.

The script generates and displays the path in the simulator but it doesn't act on the robot arm.

Code:
Below is the script I'm using:# You can also use the new version of the API:
from robodk import robolink    # RoboDK API
from robodk import robomath    # Robot toolbox

RDK = robolink.Robolink()
robot = RDK.Item("Jaka Zu12")
home = RDK.Item("Home")
target = RDK.Item("Target")

robot.MoveJ(home)
robot.MoveJ(target)

I have also attached a screenshot for reference. Also, a video of it working one time :))
Any insights or suggestions on what might be going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.mp4   OnlyTimeItWorked.mp4 (Size: 5.96 MB / Downloads: 31)
One workaround to force the API commands to be sent to the robot is to do the following:
Code:
robot.Connect()
Right before you start any robot movements or robot commands.

Is the script you attached the same as the one you executed from your RoboDK project? Can you provide us with the RDK file?

Can you also provide us with the robot connection log?
Dear Albert,
Thanks for your prompt advice, implementing the robot.Connect() command, resolved the issue perfectly.
In response to your question: "Is the script you attached the same as the one you executed from your RoboDK project?" - Yes, it's the same script.

Additionally, I want to inform you that when dragging and dropping the Jaka-Zu12.robot file (https://robodk.com/robot/Jaka/Zu12) the default driver is set as JakaDriver, which fails to connect. Attached screenshot. However, changing it to apijaka.py in the driver settings successfully establishes the connection.

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide the RDK file at this moment, as I'm currently using the free trial version of RoboDK for evaluation purposes before my organization buying it.
I would like to thank you and your team for adding the JAKA robots to RoboDK. This inclusion is greatly beneficial to both my organization and our university. Thank you once again for your support.

As a follow-up, I've attached the log files for your reference, just in case you might need them.

Let me now if there is anything I could do to contribute to your vision.

Attached Files Image(s)

.txt   WorkingLog.txt (Size: 3.57 KB / Downloads: 28)
.txt   NOTWorkingLog.txt (Size: 1.43 KB / Downloads: 28)