Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Joint angles from point follow project not smooth

Dear Albert,

thanks a lot for this!! I get that my former plot was not correct due to the timing issue. The problem which is still persistent is the ripples in the joint angles (e.g. joint 4 between 5 and 20 seconds in your plot). These small changes are pretty noise when the robot moves and I think with rounding allowed this problem could be fixed, but as I said before the rounding is not working in my script, could you help me fixing this? Actually what I also discovered is that I did not really care about the timing in the RoboDK software since I just used the coordinates to feed the robot without any timing information. So the actual trajectory is 1.25seconds (1250ms) long (which I enter manually on the kuka interface) and therefore these ripples are that noisy:)

Cheers and thanks, Michael
(02-18-2021, 10:31 AM)michael.lang Wrote: Dear Albert,

thanks a lot for this!! I get that my former plot was not correct due to the timing issue. The problem which is still persistent is the ripples in the joint angles (e.g. joint 4 between 5 and 20 seconds in your plot). These small changes are pretty noise when the robot moves and I think with rounding allowed this problem could be fixed, but as I said before the rounding is not working in my script, could you help me fixing this? Actually what I also discovered is that I did not really care about the timing in the RoboDK software since I just used the coordinates to feed the robot without any timing information. So the actual trajectory is 1.25seconds (1250ms) long (which I enter manually on the kuka interface) and therefore these ripples are that noisy:)

Cheers and thanks, Michael

Here's the plot from your csv file, only looking at the robot angle 4, see these ripples...