Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

KRC4 KSS8.3.33 KR60+DKP400 3D printing online programing

Hi,

I have RoboDK v4.1.0
I can see that RoboDK v5.1.2 is available

... but still... I might be doing some rookie mistake.
Like should it work in T1 mode? Do I really just select the program RoboDKsync35.src and that is it?

Connect to robot works fine, getting the coordinates to the PC works fine... moving the robot does not work. What chance is there that updating the software makes a difference?
The program on the robot needs to be running.

Therefore, if you are in manual mode, the deadman switch needs to be pressed.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

So I updated to 5.1.2 and I get exactly the same behavior.
Reading the positions works fine.
Moving the robot results in the green "READY" turning into a yellow "WORKING"

... So... I tried holding both the Dead man switch AND the green triangle "PLAY" button on the KUKA HMI... so that the program interpreter goes round and round...
And then the robot was moving when I commanded it from the RoboDK software.

It does not move in AUTO mode... should it?

I am kind of happy now... :)
Hi Koppel,

I can relate, I get the same feeling every time a manage to make a new robot move.
I hope this feeling won't ever fade out!

I would try AUTO next.
But be careful with the speed at first. Nothing wrong with starting very slowly.
Better safe than sorry.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

How would you recommend to limit the speed in AUTO mode.
At the moment I am just moving with the "Robot Pilot"

Do I limit the speed in the *.SRC file or can I also do it through RoboDK software?

I can see some velocity and acceleration related lines in the *.SRC program.
$VEL.CP=3
$ACC.CP=10

Also some relation to the parameter COM_VALUE2 with a for loop for all the six axis.
$VEL_AXIS[j_id] = 100

And COM_VALUE4 related to $ACC_AXIS[j_id] = 100

And these loops basically say that unless otherwise specified, keep these values at 100% ... Suggesting that there must be a way to adjust it through the communication.
Hi Koppel,

I never sent "SetSpeed" to a Kuka robot, but you can try it yourself.
When you create a program in RoboDK, you can add a set speed instruction and adjust the speed.

Jeremy

Ok... so the SetSpeed instruction would affect the speed. But this is only sent to the robot if I try to run a RoboDK program on the physical robot... and when that program has the SetSpeed instruction inside it.

If I just want to limit the speed and acceleration when jogging with Robot Pilot I must change the *SRC file:
$VEL_AXIS[j_id] = 100
$ACC_AXIS[j_id] = 100

... to more reasonable numbers. 10% speed and 25% acceleration seems smooth for my testing purposes.
I got a real scary moment when I was using AUTO mode on the KUKA, selected a target on RoboDK... (the animated robot moves to the target) then decided naaaah... instead I'm gonna order it to go +5mm on the Z direction with RobotPilot.
But the physical robot moved to the position of the previously selected target... with 100% speed and 100% acceleration... and that target was a few mm from the table surface.

... so yeah... I'm gonna slow it way down.
I was expecting the robot to move to the position when I click the "Move joints" button. So I pick a target and say "Move joints" and the robot moves. I did not expect the robot to move to a selected target when I clicked +5mm on the Z axis.
Hi Koppel,

Oh, a near-crash!
Good thing it didn't happen.

I personally never used the Robot Pilot, so I can't comment on this one.
but reducing the speed for testing purposes is always a good option.

Jeremy