Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

KUKA KR120 R2700 HA 7TH AXIS

Hi RoboDK Team,

Such a dream to work with your software, worth every penny!

Question. 

I have a seventh axis table that I have not started using, but am milling perfect 3 Axis jobs when the table is set to home. When I rotate the table 180' to work on another piece of stone, my cell wants to revert back to its "home" position. Should I use Codium to redo the E1 degree variable? Is there a way I can modify the KRC4 post-processor to ignore the E1 coordinates for now?

I am trying to get 3 axis milling mastered before I even begin to start 5 axis with RDK.

I have rotated the table 180' from its home position, and I would like it to stay like that so I can mill the next job.

Any ideas?

Secondly,

I have encountered the classic error of "start point is equal to end point" with the robot milling letters. This seems to be an issue with the CIRC motion, but I have corrected some of the issues changing the min step and max step in the options of RoboDk. Is there a better solution to solve this in CAM before RoboDK even posts the project?

Any ideas?

Thank you Gentlemen for your support,

Mike Rhodes
Thank you for your feedback Mike!

If you just want to move the turntable (E1) 180 deg but you want to keep using your robot like a 3 axis CNC you may need to flip the coordinate system of the part by 180 deg to match the controller coordinate system. In short, you are using the turntable as a positionner and you need to adjust the base coordinate system in RoboDK to match what the controller expects when you physically turn the turntable.

Can you provide more details about the second issue? It would be great if you can share the APT file or G-code file and RoboDK project that provokes this issue.
(03-11-2023, 03:09 PM)Albert Wrote: Thank you for your feedback Mike!

If you just want to move the turntable (E1) 180 deg but you want to keep using your robot like a 3 axis CNC you may need to flip the coordinate system of the part by 180 deg to match the controller coordinate system. In short, you are using the turntable as a positionner and you need to adjust the base coordinate system in RoboDK to match what the controller expects when you physically turn the turntable.

Can you provide more details about the second issue? It would be great if you can share the APT file or G-code file and RoboDK project that provokes this issue.

Absolutely Albert!

I solved the first issue, I programmed E1 To 180.000 in my RoboDK post and everything with that is stellar. I will get you the .APT file on Monday (hopefully I remember) with the RoboDK file.

The funny part of my whole robot integration process as of yet has nothing to do with RoboDK! Now it is all tooling and CAM optimization. I obviously still have questions and obstacles to hurdle, but the included resource README is INDISPENSABLE. 

I would recommend others read this! it answers a lot of standard questions.

Talk Soon Albert,

MR
Great! Thanks for this update.

This add-in can help you calibrate tools for robot machining:
https://robodk.com/addin/com.robodk.app.machining-tools
(03-11-2023, 03:28 PM)Albert Wrote: Great! Thanks for this update.

Thank Albert!

I just set up the 7th axis today and I am getting some weird anomalies.

I will keep you guys updated.

Mike Rhodes
(03-11-2023, 03:28 PM)Albert Wrote: Great! Thanks for this update.

Albert,

This is information I have gathered with Colin C. today regarding my issue,

He an experienced integrator and his father owns New Age Robotics (great guy!). This is a company I trust very much to help with my integration. Would you be able to answer these questions, and could you also add him to your forum?

His email is Colin.Cosma@gmail.com.

He has been a great asset to us, and I am sure he could contribute to others on the forum.

-Colin Asks-

I have defined a root point in the external kinematic system (no. 1) and then using "offset" defined the baseframe (no. 16 attached to root point no. 1). The robot is synchronizing with the rotary axis properly. I can also see the coordinates of the base frame are correct. With the TCP placed on the origin of base frame 16, when monitoring 'current position', the xyz coordinates remain 0,0,0 while jogging E1.

In RoboDK I have defined the cell and placed the rotary axis center of rotation to match the root point defined on the robot. I have imported the toolpath referencing Frame 16, which is attached to the rotary axis.

When generating the code, all of the coordinates look correct relating to base frame 16. For example I have a position at X: 200mm Y: 200mm. When I execute the program using base frame 16, it seems to ignore the root point, and tries to go to X: 200mm Y: 200mm of World coordinate.

What am I missing? A setting from the post processor?

-End Colin-

Colin Cosma and Mike Rhodes

HGH Granite/New Age Robotics

Thank you kindly for the review for us.
(03-21-2023, 12:09 AM)mikerhodes Wrote: Would you be able to answer these questions, and could you also add him to your forum?

Looks like I am registered. Thanks Mike.

Colin
(03-21-2023, 12:28 AM)ColinCosma Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 12:09 AM)mikerhodes Wrote: Would you be able to answer these questions, and could you also add him to your forum?

Colin

Good. Hopefully I can get this up and running again.

Colin

Here is the cell. I changed the KRC4 post back to what it was before we made mods.

Colin
Here is the Post KRC4 that you modified.

Attached Files
.rdk   KR120 R2700 CELL HGH.rdk (Size: 5.86 MB / Downloads: 141)
.py   KUKA_KRC4_COLIN.py (Size: 9.39 KB / Downloads: 126)
(03-21-2023, 01:03 PM)mikerhodes Wrote:

Colin

Good. Hopefully I can get this up and running again.

Colin

Here is the cell. I changed the KRC4 post back to what it was before we made mods.

Colin
Here is the Post KRC4 that you modified.

Is there an update to this programming situation?

I am under extreme pressure to solve this.

MR
When you generate a program you'll see the following code that selects the base frame you are using:
Code:
; $BASE=EK(EX_AX_DATA[1].ROOT,EX_AX_DATA[1].EX_KIN,EX_AX_DATA[1].OFFSET)
; $ACT_EX_AX= 1
; BASE_DATA[4] = {FRAME: X -116.669,Y -288.018,Z 131.971,A -0.704,B 0.103,C -0.713}
$BASE = {FRAME: X -116.669,Y -288.018,Z 131.971,A -0.704,B 0.103,C -0.713}
By default, RoboDK provides the pose of the frame. However, when you use a turntable you should link to a custom defined base data or to special BAS functions that allow you to configure the external axes properly. Probably the easiest is to define the correct base with your setup and have something like this in your code:
Code:
$BASE = BASE_DATA[4]
More information here:
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Mill-wit...ernal-axis

Another tip, you don't need to allow a 180 deg rotation with your project since it works well without rotating the spindle and you can calculate the result much faster.

Attached Files
.rdk   KR120 R2700 CELL HGH-v2.rdk (Size: 5.86 MB / Downloads: 151)