Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kinematic Calibration Issues

Hi, 

I am using RoboDK built-in calibration tool to calibrate a COMAU robot. I scheduled 450 3-DOF measurements through laser-tracker. I then fed the measurements into the calibration project and I see that the used measurements are less than the scheduled ones (see attached picture). Referring to the picture, I am wondering if all the poses are included into the calibration procedure (i.e. 450) or only part of them (i.e. 300). In the calibration report it says that the calibration was done using only 300 measurements.

Thank you

Davide
Only the measurements you took are accounted for in your calibration. To be more specific, any measurement that is not within 20 mm of the nominal position is not accounted for in your calibration or validation statistics. You can configure tolerance to ignore invalid measurements here:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  2. Select the Accuracy tab
  3. Set the Position error tolerance to exclude measurements
Looking at your data, the 300 measurements you took are valid and are within 5-9 mm error before calibration. If you can share your RDK project file we can better take a look at your data.
Hi Albert,

thank you for your reply. I was trying to merge different calibration projects into a single one and I had some offsets when converting the data to express it with respect different laser-tracker bases. As a result, the errors were greater than the maximum allowed by the RoboDK calibration tool. I am now able to include all the poses. Thank you for your help and time.

Davide
Great, thank you for your feedback.