Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kinova Gen3 use Robot Drivers

Hello,

I have done the steps in How to use Robot Drivers and Using the GUI but I have not been able to move the robot:

In the option Connect to robot, in addition to writing the Robot IP / COM: I had to open Hide options / Driver: Select / apikinova.py click OK, 
Check ping: everything seems correct, 
Click Connect: Ready and green, 
But I can't executing the programs in Run on robot, when I double click it disconnects and Get position in RoboDK the robot moves to a position that is not that of the real robot.

Curiously, RoboDK says that it is connected to the robot without being connected by clicking Connect, you can check it in the file in the download link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yi7zbybfqwe87...s.rdk?dl=0

I have run the apikinova.py program PyCharm and the following error appears:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C: \ RoboDK \ api \ Robot \ apikinova.py", line 23, in <module>
    raise Exception ("RoboDK driver not found. Make sure you are using a supported Python version:" + path_library)
Exception: RoboDK driver not found. Make sure you are using a supported Python version: C: / RoboDK / api / Robot / v39

But the v39 folder is not in my version. I am currently working with RoboDK v5.1.1 Free (Trial)

Through Kinova web application I can move the robot and with the Nmap application I can see all the connection details,

Is it possible to use Robot Drivers in a simulator like Gazebo simulator?
Hi guys,

So that ppl know, this issue is under review.
We are in direct contact with Julian.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel