Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kuka KRC2 Online Connection

I am having the same problem with trying to get KUKAVARPROXY to operate correctly on our KRC2 KSS 4.1.6 under Windows 95.

It seems to be a COM issue where KUKAVARPROXY is not exchanging the data between cross and the proxy application, the OCX files are registered correctly. I am looking at trying to debug this further but I don't have any details on the Cross communications architecture/interface - any suggestion on where to start as it's been 20 years since I have to worry about Windows 95 internals or component development?
(11-11-2021, 10:54 AM)Petridish Wrote: I am having the same problem with trying to get KUKAVARPROXY to operate correctly on our KRC2 KSS 4.1.6 under Windows 95.

It seems to be a COM issue where KUKAVARPROXY is not exchanging the data between cross and the proxy application, the OCX files are registered correctly. I am looking at trying to debug this further but I don't have any details on the Cross communications architecture/interface - any suggestion on where to start as it's been 20 years since I have to worry about Windows 95 internals or component development?

Firstly sorry my KRC2 software release is 4.1.7 SP4.0

I have just tested the C3Bridge 1.0 proxy and still have no success reading variables from my KRC2.

Is there something that I am missing here in terms of allowing third party applications to access the internal system data?

I am confident that this is not a networking issue between the either RoboDK and the proxy (or the C3 control panel and the proxy for that matter)

Any pointers greatly received - Ivan
Are you able to connect and retrieve the current robot position?
This should work if the network was properly established and your KUKAVARPROXY is running.

On the other hand, moving the robot requires the robodksynch.src program running and the global variables properly defined.
(11-12-2021, 12:33 PM)Albert Wrote: Are you able to connect and retrieve the current robot position?
This should work if the network was properly established and your KUKAVARPROXY is running.

On the other hand, moving the robot requires the robodksynch.src program running and the global variables properly defined.

I am able to establish a TCP connection to the controller and can see a protocol exchange the problem seems to be the interaction between the proxy and the cross 3 interface.

I really need to locate someone who is using a really old release of KSS under Windows 95 to see if they are having the same problems.