Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Laser tracker measurement samples and LaserTracker_Measure

Hello,

i have a problem with my Lasertracker.

everytime i use the LaserTracker_Measure() command to create a X,Y,Z Pose from the robot, the measurement takes about 1 Second to be created, this is way to slow, i need it in about 10ms steps, is there a way to speed this function up?
i already tried with "while True:" , as we found out the function MeasurePose() provides a timeinterval.
However, because it is a payed Function and my institution does not provide the corresponding license, we are unable to use.
Is there a way to speed up the measurements?

Setup: 
Kuka KR16 -2, KRC4

FARO Lasertracker XV2
code :

while True:
    data = RDK.LaserTracker_Measure()
    print(data)
Each measurement taken manually or through the API will be an average of 1000 samples. This takes 1 second since laser trackers measure at the rate of 1000 Hz.

This is the default behavior but you can change this by selecting the Command button from the laser tracker connection menu, and selecting 100 samples per measurement (each measurement will take 0.1 seconds). You can also send a custom command (select Send a specific command) and manually type SAMPLES 10 to take 10 samples (0.010 seconds per measurement).
Works just fine! How do i set the SAMPLES 10 to default value? The connection is not stable, and everytime it reconnects it resets the samples rate, dont find the Lasertracker in the "Tools -> options" is this hidden somewhere else?
It is not possible to set the samples to default. However, as a workaround, you could create a bat or py file that filters all commands and triggers the connection with the Faro laser tracker and you send the commands you need via the standard input channel.

This robot driver shows a proof of concept:
C:\RoboDK\api\robot\DriverCustomEnv.py