Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Layer Heights from Slic3r are not generating correctly

Hi,

Having some issues with the layer heights that Slic3r is generating for me. I set to 50mm and it seems to only generate 1 layer at that size and then the rest back to 1mm. Is there some other settings that need to be changed? Or another way to ensure my objects are sliced correctly?

Thanks
Did you look at Slic3r documentation?
I'm pretty sure I was able to controller each layer thickness. The first one is generally independent of the others.
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hey

Did you find solution for this one?

I have not succeeded either on increasing layer height above 1 mm.

Is there some way to increase layer height up to 5 mm < or is this not possible with Slic3r?
The layer height can't be greater than your extruder diameter. I recommend you to increase the size of your extruder before increasing the layer height.

Robot 3D printing usually requires larger values for these 2 variables (compared to desktop 3D printers).
(11-05-2021, 01:56 PM)Albert Wrote: The layer height can't be greater than your extruder diameter. I recommend you to increase the size of your extruder before increasing the layer height.

Robot 3D printing usually requires larger values for these 2 variables (compared to desktop 3D printers).

Thank you for your fast answer Albert!

I have increased also the diameter of the extruder and tried several other parameters as well.

Have you been able to increase the layer hight and export g-codes with more than 1 mm layer hight from Slic3r? Is there maby other things I haven't realized?