Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Licence Deployment

I would like to use RoboDK's API to control the movements of my ABB robot directly with Python, as opposed to using ABB's ROS industrial drivers.

On the Github it says: "The RoboDK API can be used with a free RoboDK license."

So if I have a second robot with a second computer, I can use the free license for commercial deployment?

Thank you,
Ruud
Hi Ruud,

The API can be used with a free RoboDK license, however, there are some limitations. Also, the free license should not be used for commercial purposes but just evaluation. If you have a license you can also set it up via the API. For example, you can pass the license file (rdklic) as an argument and the license will be setup automatically.

Albert
(09-18-2019, 07:26 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi Ruud,

The API can be used with a free RoboDK license, however, there are some limitations. Also, the free license should not be used for commercial purposes but just evaluation. If you have a license you can also set it up via the API. For example, you can pass the license file (rdklic) as an argument and the license will be setup automatically.

Albert

Thanks for the info, Albert.

I see. So can a single commercial license be used to run multiple deployed robots?

Best,
Ruud
Hi Ruud,
Yes, you can use one single license to deploy programs on any number of robots (same or different vendor).
You'll have access to all our post processors and robot drivers without restrictions.
Thank you Albert for the information.

Ruud