Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Machining in RoboDK

If my CAM software uses multiples tools for generating the G code file so can we too add/remove tools while the robot is in simulation in the RoboDK software? Is there any indicator that asks for the tool to be removed/added?
Hi Aryan, 

If you go to "Tools"-"Options"->"CAM", look at the bottom of the window. 
You will find these tree options. 

RoboDK should now create separate machining program for each tool. 
You can insert a "tool_change" sub-program between those if required. 

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Ok. Thanks for sharing. Have you made any tutorial video on this tool change aspect?
Hi Aryan, 

Sadly, I didn't.

The best thing I can do is link this NC file that I know will trigger the behavior. 

Jeremy

Attached Files
.apt   MultiTool.apt (Size: 2.04 MB / Downloads: 305)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Can you share me this file in STL or STEP format so that I might be able to do the same tool change simulation with my project? Also I'm unable to know whether this machining is additive or subtractive.
Hi, I do not have the 3D model as this gcode was provided by a partner.

This process is removing material.

Jeremy

Will the sub-program give us a prompt that the tool has to be changed?
Also if my CAM software changes tools on its own can the same be replicated on the RoboDK platform itself?
Your CAM software will include the tool number used for the process.
RoboDK will translate that to a "SetTool(tool_number)" program call for your robot controller to process.

You then have to create a "SetTool()" program on your controller to catch that request and get the right tool with the robot.
This step is generally programmed manually on the robot controller.

Jérémy