Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Meaning of angles UR Robot

Hi,
I have enclosed a simple figure and i would like to have a physical explanation for the angles that are displayed when I load the UR5 robot into RoboDK. I think that if the rotations are wrt the base, the angles should either be 0 or 90 deg. What do these figures encircled in the jpg attachment mean?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Deo,

That's simply the Euler Angles format UR decided to use. I don't find it very intuitive, so I generally work with a more generic Euler Angles format within RoboDK (not that it won't affect the generated program).
Simply select the dropdown menu and chose a more generic format like rot[Z,Y',X''] or simply rot[X,Y,Z].

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(04-24-2021, 10:50 PM)Deo Kibira Wrote: Hi,
I have enclosed a simple figure and i would like to have a physical explanation for the angles that are displayed when I load the UR5 robot into RoboDK. I think that if the rotations are wrt the base, the angles should either be 0 or 90 deg. What do these figures encircled in the jpg attachment mean?

Thanks

Thanks. But seems to give answer for different type of robot (Funac/Motoman).

In any case, what is the appropriate function in Matlab to Calculate the p[x,y,z,u,v,w] position with rotation vector for a pose target.  The function  pose_2_UR(pose) gives error messages.
Robot brand indicated are just because Fanuc/Motoman or Kuka/ABB/Nachi use this Euler Angles format.
I use those inside RoboDK because they simply make more sense.

If you have an issue with Matlab API, you should start a post in the API section of the forum.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel