Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mecademic Meca500 R3 gripper

Hello
The Mecademic Meca500 is attached to Meca 25E gripper and programmed in robodk. Without robot connection, the gripper opens and close in Robodk simulation but when the robot is connected, the program stops at the gripper close-open function does not work (For gripper, a Mecademic post-processor is already selected). Can you please help me with this?

Attached Files
.rdk   trail.rdk (Size: 938.85 KB / Downloads: 311)
Our colleague @Olivier will help you with that.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

To control the Mecademic gripper from the driver, download the latest version of RoboDK first.

Then go in the Tools-Options->Drivers and make sure "Trigger program calls on the robot" is activated.
In your main program, call a empty program called either OpenGripper or CloseGripper.

Let me know if this solution still doesn't fix the issue.

Olivier
Hello,
Thank you for your reply. The Robodk installed is in the latest version.  I tried to follow your suggestions, Whenever I run the program, RoboDK crashes and exits.
This update was published yesterday, did you re-install RoboDK?
Is the crash happening when you run the program on the robot?

To debug this issue better it would help if you can follow these steps:
  1. Close RoboDK
  2. Start RoboDK by double clicking the file:
    C:/RoboDK/RoboDK-Debug.bat
  3. Try to reproduce the problem in RoboDK until it crashes.
  4. Right after the crash, send us this file:
    C:/RoboDK/bin/RoboDK.debug.txt
If you just did "Check for updates", RoboDK will tell you you are up to date because this was just a minor release.
We are still at 5.4.1, but some small things were improved.
https://robodk.com/whatsnew

So go on our website and download a fresh install.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Sorry for the delayed reply. After updating the latest Robodk, it worked. Thank you !!

Also, I found another issue, In my current setup, I used the curve follow feature for following the robot on a curve. The robot reaches all the targets and also moves on the created path during simulation perfectly, But many times, on the same setup and on the same .Robodk file created, when opened again after saving, it shows robot can't reach all the targets in the path. I need to reinstall the .Robodk Software everytime, I had this problem. I couldn't find the problem(setting) causing this. Can you please help me with it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next time you get this issue, could you provide your .rdk file?

Jeremy

Sure. Can you please check and let me know. The file attached shows that the path is perfect and the robot runs perfectly but sometimes, robot can't even reach the targets

Attached Files
.rdk   actual setup.rdk (Size: 3.79 MB / Downloads: 232)