Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mechanisms: 1 Linear Axis (Stage) Speed

I've just created a mechanism (1 linear axis). How do I define its motion parameters (maximum speed, accel/decel)?
Hi Carlom,

If you double-click the mechanism a mechanism panel will appear.
You will find a "Parameters" option.
The parameters you are looking for are there.

Jeremy
(05-15-2020, 06:05 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Carlom,

If you double-click the mechanism a mechanism panel will appear.
You will find a "Parameters" option.
The parameters you are looking for are there.

Jeremy

I assume "Linear track param." is where I need to be? I didn't see options for the linear axis after clicking "Parameters." Regardless, it still seems to run at the same speed no matter what value I have for speed. I have the UR synchronized to this linear axis. Is that the reason?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Carlom,

The fact that you have a synchronized robot shouldn't affect the speed and accel parameters of the linear track.
But before attacking this specific point, I would like to point out that, as far as my knowledge goes, UR does not support synchronized external axis.
External axes are only used as positioners. So, un-synchronizing them could better reflect reality.
That doesn't mean that they can't move at the same time, just in an asynchronous way.

If you can confirm that UR support synchronized external axis, we can take a look at this specific problem.

Jeremy
Sorry, I should have mentioned that. In my motion, I did account for that to ensure linear axis motion remained independent of the UR's motion (and vice versa). If I remove the synchronization, will that affect all the targets I've already defined? Synchronizing them seemed to make sense since it allowed all 7 axes to be defined for each target.

What could be causing speed and accel settings not taking effect?
Removing the synchronization with your external axes should have no impact on your targets if they are Cartesian targets.

Information related to additional axes will be lost though.